Haze Management – FAQs (Version 1 – 1/10/15)
1. Will there be work assigned to pupils who are staying at home?
- Yes. Home-based Learning will be activated via our Learning Management System (LMS), AsknLearn so that pupils can continue to learn while the school is closed.
2. Where can I get information whether school will continue to be closed or opened?
- Information will be updated via SMS notification and School Website once we receive updates from MOE.
- Form Teachers may also contact you directly via calls or text messages.
- You may also visit NEA, MOE, MOM websites for the latest updates.
3. I cannot receive the School’s SMS. How else can I receive updates on school activities?
- Please inform your child’s Form Teacher to get your phone numbers updated.
- Please check the School Website. Notifications will be posted by 10 a.m. each day, if any.
- You can also obtain updated information on school activities from NEA, MOE, MOM websites and you will also receive calls or texts from teachers.
4. How does school ensure the well-being of pupils?
- Since the start of haze situation, measures taken by school are in compliance with MOE Haze Management guidelines.
- We are monitoring students with medical conditions who are likely to be affected by the haze.
- Parents are advised to inform Form Teachers about their child’s updated medical status, if any.
- Please also ensure that your child brings along inhalers, medications and masks, if necessary.
5. In the event that haze worsens during school hours, how does school ensure the well-being of students?
- The school has allocated holding rooms which are equipped with air coolers/conditioners to spread out all students in enclosed indoor spaces in the event that the PSI level reaches the ‘Hazardous’ level.
- There will be no physical exercises both indoors and outdoors.
- School will also look into the necessary arrangement during recess.
- You may refer to http://www.moe.gov.sg/haze for details of general haze measures.
6. Will PSLE written exam be postponed?
Schools will take direction from MOE/SEAB with regards to national exams. You can refer to MOE/SEAB websites for updates. We will also keep parents updated via SMS or the School Website.
7. Will there be any makeup lessons for school closure?
There will be no makeup lessons. School will review its assessment scope where necessary to ensure students will be adequately prepared for the end-of-year examinations.
8. Can I still send my child to school in the event of school closure because I do not have a caregiver at home?
Yes. The school will make the necessary arrangements to house your child at designated airconditioned rooms within the school premise and would be supervised accordingly by our teachers. Your child is encouraged to pack his/her own food. Nonetheless, we will make sure that food is available. If your child is taking the school bus, do make arrangements with the bus operator.